Who we are
We are Blazing Sables Production Arts Makeup academy based in the heart of North London’s creative arts quarter. We gather and share certain information about our students, staff, and suppliers as explained in this policy. It is of the utmost importance to us to maintain, secure and protect personal data, and use secure software and practices to ensure that we comply with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into UK law on the 25th May 2018 and replaces the DPA 1998
HTTP Secure (HTTPS) is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for secure communication over a computer network, and is widely used on the Internet. In HTTPS, the communication protocol is encrypted by Transport Layer Security (TLS), or formerly, its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
It basically means that all communication between our browser and our website are encrypted. We even send sensitive information via our encrypted Gmail account. You will require a Gmail account to read our emails when we send you things like a requested copy of the information that we hold on you, bank details, and other sensitive information. You will need a password from us to read our encrypted emails which is setup for Gmail communication only
Encryption brings an even higher level of security and privacy to our services. As the data you create moves between your device, and us it is protected by security technology HTTPS and Transport Layer Security. To test this, tap in our website address blazingsables.co.uk in your browser and when our website appears, look at your browser and you will see the HTTPS highlighted in green just before our website address. This shows that your information is safe and all communication via our website is encrypted so no-one else can read it
When we receive your email containing sensitive information that we have requested, we immediately make a folder which is personal to you and transfer your information to it. We then delete that email from our system. Your file is created in security software called RoboForm and is password protected. Only Blazing Sables and their staff have access to it
Students have their own individual training handbooks which are securely kept in a locked filing cabinet on our premises and only Blazing Sables and their staff has access to it
Why we hold your personal data and who we may share your information with:
- Your Data Controller is Stella Photis who will hold your information for marketing purposes so we can keep you up to date with our latest news and offers. If you would like us to remove all or part of your information we will comply 6 months after you have received your qualifications. We hold very little data on students who attend our 1 day workshops but once again we will remove all information if a request for removal is received by email or in writing by post. If a member of staff leaves Blazing Sables employ we will remove your personal data 6 weeks after you have requested its removal in an email or in writing by post. However, we will retain your name and contact details until the end of that financial year before we delete it. You will be required to email us with your removal of personal data request and we will comply with your wishes
- A Loan company: If you are applying for a loan to pay for your course/s with us then the loan company may ask us to confirm specific details about you and whether you completed your course satisfactorily
- The police, ambulance, or legal services: In this case we will share information like your name, age, parent/next of kin name and contact number, postal address and any health conditions and allergies you may have
- The accreditation board that is responsible for issuing your qualification certificates & diplomas. They will want information like your full name, postal address, age and dates you started and completed your course and their EQA and our IQA will want access to your assessment book. You may lose/ruin/not receive your qualification, so in this instant we will retain your contact details for 1 year just in case we need to verify who you are to the awarding body
- Suppliers: who are issuing you with your kits to use during your course. They will have your name, contact number, postal address and card payment details. In most cases we only use professional vat registered companies to supply kits for our students, but please check their data protection policy for your peace of mind
- We take full responsibility for ensuring proper measures are in place to protect your information and we comply with applicable data protection legislation as detailed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation Information about you may be passed within the Blazing Sables Company for administration, marketing and analysis purposes and for student/customer surveys and market research. We collect information such as school, college, age, name, and address, date of birth, experience, allergies, some medical information, and references when an enquiry is generated. We may contact you by post, phone, fax, email or social media sites to let you know about any other products, courses, services or promotions that may be of interest to you. We will share basic information with the postal services should you buy from our site. This will only be your name and address.
- Like many other web sites, Blazing Sables makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, internet service provider (ISP), date & time stamp, referring & exit pages, number of clicks (to analyze trends), administer the site, track user’s movements around our site and gather demographic information. IP addresses are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
We will store a persistent cookie so that you may retrieve products in your shopping cart with no need to go through re-choosing all of your items again. However, the cookie will eventually expire if there is no activity in your cart for a number of days. This website’s cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information. Cookies are NOT spyware – Cookies are good and are there to help us make our website better by giving us information on how you use our site. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our site, but the user will experience limited functionality in some areas of our site. For example, the user will not be able to process an order through our shopping checkout area, etc.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them on/off see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Credit card details & payments
We accept all major credit cards, bank transfers and cash payments. We use the Square Card Reader to take payments and use its software to create our academy services. Receipts for purchases including courses will be kept for our tax records and for no other reason
If you wish to see what data we hold on you then you will need to put in a request to see this information, in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject box please state: ‘Data Request.’ We will send it to you within 4 weeks via our encrypted email and you’ll need a Gmail account to access it, as explained under the Security section above. We do not charge for this service
All pictures taken of you and your work by tutors at Blazing Sables will only be taken with your permission and will remain the property of Blazing Sables. We obtain the right to use them within our company for the benefit of new students and advertising/promotional purposes. Nobody’s individual pictures will be used on our website or social media for advertising, promotion, sharing, or for any other reason without first obtaining your written permission.
All pictures taken by anyone which show our tutors, products, materials and anything related to Blazing Sables, including our programmes, training facilities and Stella Photis herself is strictly forbidden, without first obtaining permission
and updated on 24th May 2018